Friday 13 January 2012

Shocker!

It might seem as if i am shocked about too many things today based on my posts BUT really sometimes it gets to a point where you just cant keep quiet. Somethings are really irksome and saddening. Something like this happened yesterday. I was at a gathering and met a young girl aged around 12 or 13. When i met her she had a dupatta(scarf) on her head. I was happy to see that this young girl was covering her head whereas her parents didnt show any such inclination. My happiness turned to surprise after an hour or so when i saw her uncovered head.

I called her over and inquired as to what happened and she told me that one of her aunts told her to take off her scarf. I tried to tell her that its ok she can take it even if someone makes fun of her or forces it off her...she should remain stubborn on her stance. On this she felt that is she disobeyed her elders, even her parents might take the elder's side and scold her for covering. I was truly saddened by this. I mean what is the world coming to?! A young girl wants to be covered and feels gulity for not wearing hijab whereas the elders are forcing her on the wrong path?!

Have we forgotten the tragedy of Kerbala, the importance of Hijab taught to us by Bibi Zainab(a.s)...?! Who should be blamed when young kids are forced on the wrong path when they are just developing their character?! Please ask yourself if you are forcing someone to be on the right path or deviating them from it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment